Cayuga Duck Cayuga Duck Cayuga pair Cayuga ducklings Cayuga ducklings
9Very Limited Availability
Description:The Cayuga is one of the few duck breeds originating from the U.S. It comes from the Lake Cayuga region in upstate New York, and it is thought to have been developed from the wild Black Duck. Our Cayuga ducks have excellent color, and they are a good type for showing.
Both the male and female have a very brilliant green sheen on their greenish black feathers, though it is especially evident on the head of the male. And they have black or olive colored bills, dark brown eyes, and dusky black to black shanks and feet.
Interestingly, Cayugas turn almost all white after several years, and their black legs turn an orangish color as they age. Furthermore, their eggs have shells that are black or dark gray toward the beginning of the season, lightening to light gray, blue, green, or even white at season end. The Cayuga duck is a calm bird and weighs 4.75-6 lbs. It will lay approximately 130-180 large eggs weighing 75-90 grams per year.
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
- Although your waterfowl order will need to be picked up from your local post office, please provide us with your physical address when placing your order. We cannot accept P.O. Box numbers for orders.
- The minimum order of day-old-ducklings shipped to Rhode Island is 12 due to Rhode Island state law.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.