Rouen Duck pair Rouen Ducklings Rouen Duckling Rouen Duckling
Description:Rouen ducks are probably the second most popular breed in North America. They are very beautiful and closely resemble wild Mallards in coloration. The original breed was developed in France and named after the city of Rouen. They are second only to Pekins and Muscovy in size. They have a calm disposition and unlike Mallards, they do not fly. A Rouen duck weighs 5-7.25 lbs, which is about three times as much as a Mallard.
We sell the non-show type of Rouen duck because they are better foragers, are more fertile, and lay more eggs. The females will lay 140-180 extra-large white, tinted, green, or blue eggs per year. Eggs will weigh 80-95 grams.
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.