Ducklings: White Crested
Description:They look like they're wearing little bonnets! The White Crested is a classic duck breed, having records of its existence as early as 1660 due to its presence in paintings by the Dutch painter Jan Steen. Later, other Dutch painters also included this breed of duck in their paintings. The Crested duck was admitted into the American Registry in 1874. The White Crested weighs 6-7.25 lbs, and is an excellent breeder. The female lays 100-130 extra large, mostly white eggs laying 80-90 grams per year. A small percentage may be tinted, blue, or green.
The males and females are entirely white including the crest on their head, and they have blue eyes, yellow bills, and light orange shanks and feet.
Not all White Crested hatch with a crest, but we only sell the ones that do, and although we only have White Crested breeders, we occasionally hatch other crested ducks such as the Blue Swedish, Rouen, or Buff. If you're into showing your fowl, any duck breed with a crest can be shown in the Crested class!
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.