Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Black Australorp
|Other Breeds Available
Australorps are the Australian take on the Orpington breed. They are calm and friendly and excellent layers of light brown eggs. We recommend them as one of the best chicken breeds for beginners.
The Australorp's exceptionally soft, shiny black plumage has hints of green and purple in the sunlight. Peaceful and dignified, Australorps are an absolutely delightful bird that we highly recommend to anyone who wants a pet chicken that lays dependably.
- Australorp Chicken: The Ultimate Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Australorp
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.