Tolerates Heat Well
Not Cold Hardy
Baby Chicks: Golden Laced Polish
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
The golden laced pattern on these Polish chickens will add uniqueness to any backyard flock. Their unique appearance matches their personality!
They have a huge bouffant crest of feathers and v-shaped comb. Polish chickens are tame but their behavior can be a bit wacky since their crest limits their vision. When in a flock with more aggressive breeds, Polish chickens tend to be on the low end of the pecking order.
Egg laying is varied in this breed - some lay well and some very poorly. In short, Polish are sweet, beautiful exhibition birds and can be good layers in the backyard flock, but they're not reliable. Please note that our flocks produce a mix of bearded and non-bearded Polish.
- Polish Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Polish Chicken
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.