Very Good (4/wk)
Tolerates Heat Well
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
Plymouth Rocks are one of the most popular dual-purpose chickens on small farms today. Aside from the Barred and White Rocks, other plumages are relatively rare. The Silver Penciled is especially lovely: the feathers are a field of white with elegant black penciling. It is similar in appearance to silver laced plumage in some ways, but the penciling has double fine black lines on each feather as if they're covered in calligraphy.
Rocks are friendly, great layers of large brown eggs and able to withstand cold weather quite nicely. Though they tolerate confinement, they're most happy when they get to range freely.
- Plymouth Rock Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Plymouth Rock Chicken
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.