Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Black Copper Marans, Shipping Week of 03/25/2024
Regular price $94.99
Regular priceUnit price per
A true chocolate egger! We breed our Black Copper Marans chiefly for egg color, with an additional view toward hardiness and the breed standard, so you can expect to see an egg anywhere from dark brown to deep reddish-brown, to medium brown with many dark speckles.
Don't forget that the very darkest eggs you receive from your lovely Black Copper Marans hen will be her first egg, and the eggs will lighten ever so slightly with each egg, up until her annual molt. After that, you will once again see her darkest egg.
Black Copper Marans make lovely pets, too - they are hardy, calm, and quiet and bear confinement well. They are said to be good foragers without being TOO destructive to your garden.
The Marans chicken breed was among the Top 10 Chicken Breeds Picked by My Pet Chicken Staff.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
- Check out our Started Pullets Care Guide.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Iowa, Nevada, West Virginia, Texas, or Hawaii.
- Pullets will ship on Tuesday or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.