Pullets: Blue Copper Marans
This is a truly rare and beautiful bird, and another in our growing collection of "dark egger" Marans! All your hens will have beautiful blue feathers and copper hackles, and most will have lightly feathered shanks and feet. Blue Copper Marans are good layers of a medium-dark brown egg.
The eggs will be considerably darker than regular brown eggs, as you might see in a grocery store, yet not as dark as Black Copper Marans eggs. However, their plumage is stunning, with fiery copper hackles against the slate blue feathers. And best of all, this breed is calm and gentle, so they make an excellent backyard pet.
The Marans breed was initially developed in France in the mid 1800s in the town for which it bears its name, Marans. (This is why the name of the breed always has the "S" at the end, whether singular or plural.) Marans became famous for their dark mahogany-brown eggs--a trait they are still known for today. These birds may have lightly feathered legs or bare legs.
The Marans chicken breed was among the Top 10 Chicken Breeds Picked by My Pet Chicken Staff.
Special Limited Time Offer! Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Easter Egger pullet. (Shipping cost of the free Easter Egg pullet is also FREE.) Be sure to add the Easter Egger pullet to your cart, and if eligible, this special offer will be applied at check-out. This offer is valid only while supplies last.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 3 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Connecticut, Virginia, Iowa, Vermont, Texas, Hawaii, and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Tuesday or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.