Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Dominique, Shipping Week of
Dominiques, recognized as a "heritage" chicken breed, have existed for centuries and are currently on the Livestock Conservatory's watch list. While some individuals may struggle to distinguish between Dominiques and Barred Rocks, an observant eye will notice the distinguishing feature of a rose comb in Dominiques instead of the single comb found in Barred Rocks.
Dominiques are exceptional dual-purpose birds, renowned for their resilience to cold climates, and their hens exhibit remarkable care and nurturing qualities as mothers.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii, and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.