Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Double-Laced Barnevelder, Shipping Week of 09/05/2023
The Barnevelder hails from the Barneveld region of Holland where it is so well-known that, according to the Barnevelder Club of North America, the Barnevelder name is synonymous with the word chicken.
It is sought after there for its dark "chocolate" brown eggs, and while Barnevelder eggs in this country have lost some of that dark pigment, breeders here are working hard to change that. This beautiful bird with the in-demand, beautiful "double laced" feathers is hardy and quiet and doesn't mind being confined. In short, it makes a wonderful pet!
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.