Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Partridge Cochin
Regular price $69.99
Regular priceUnit price per
Partridge Cochins are known worldwide for being big friendly balls of fluff and feathers. They don't lay very well but are popular because of their sweet personality and fantastic mothering qualities.
Cochins became famous in the 1800s when this Chinese breed was given as a gift to Queen Victoria of England, who absolutely adored them. Partridge Cochins are a beautiful variety, too!
Hens are an understated ombre---golden shading to brown---with delicate double-penciling on their feathers.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Hawaii, and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Tuesday or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.