Tolerates Heat Well
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Rhode Island Red, Shipping Week of 03/25/2024
Rhode Island Red chickens are held in such high esteem that they're the official Rhode Island state bird. They were once hugely popular in America, though they declined right along with the small farmer. Today they're making a comeback due to small flock owners (like us!). They're the dual purpose, do-everything bird: they lay exceptionally well, they're valued for their meat, they're extremely cold hardy, and hardy in general.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
- Check out our Started Pullets Care Guide.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Iowa, Nevada, West Virginia, Texas, or Hawaii.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.