Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Silver Cuckoo Marans, Shipping Week of 09/05/2023
These Silver Cuckoo Marans birds lay a medium-brown egg with speckles. Marans make wonderful pets, too - they are hardy, calm, and quiet and bear confinement well. Most Marans have lightly feathered legs, too, making them very pretty! They are said to be good foragers without being TOO destructive to your garden.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii, and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.