Mallard pair Mallard Duckling
Description:All Mallards originate from the wild Mallards native to North America. This small, flying duck is part of the Bantam Class and our Mallards have retained their excellent flying ability which is evident by 16 weeks. They also do an excellent job of hatching and raising one or two broods of ducklings each year. They weigh 2.25-2.5 lbs and the female lays 60-120 large buff, green, or blue eggs per year. Eggs will weigh 65-75 grams.
The males and females are similarly colored in shades of brown as ducklings but the males attain their beautiful coloring by 14-16 weeks of age -- their beautiful green head and white neckband. The females retain their brown coloring and when mature, have iridescent purple wing feathers on their sides.
A permit is not needed to own or sell Mallard ducklings but all domestically hatched Mallard ducklings are required to be identified by U.S. Fish and Wildlife. For this reason, our breeders remove one back toe when the ducklings hatch. This is an acceptable method as per this governing body. It is proof that your birds were domestically hatched and not "kidnapped" out of a local marsh.
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
*We are unable to ship Mallard Ducks to the state of Florida and North Dakota.
- Although your waterfowl order will need to be picked up from your local post office, please provide us with your physical address when placing your order. We cannot accept P.O. Box numbers for orders.
- The minimum order of day-old-ducklings shipped to Rhode Island is 12 due to Rhode Island state law.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.