Cream, White, Tinted
Tolerates Heat Well
Not Cold Hardy
Baby Chicks: Buff Silkie Bantam
|Other Breeds Available
Silkies were originally bred in China, where they are still kept (and eaten) today. They have black skin and bones and 5 toes instead of the normal 4.
In addition, Silkie hens make wonderful mothers and are even known to adopt baby ducks if given the chance! (You will get a mix of bearded and non-bearded varieties with your Silkie order.)
Of all the ornamental chicken breeds, the Silkie Bantam is the most popular and most loved. Can't you tell why? They're the lap dog of the chicken world, complete with hair-like plumage and an incredibly sweet temperament.
- Silkie Chicken: The Ultimate Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Silkie
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine:
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.