Very Good (4/wk)
Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Columbian Wyandotte
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
The Columbian Wyandotte variety is a more uncommon variety of the Wyandotte, and a wonderful example of American breeding. These birds are beautiful and productive.
Wyandottes are a favorite amongst backyard flock owners for their dependable egg-laying, easy going nature, and cold hardiness. The Columbian markings are striking: they are clean white birds with black tails and black dotted hackles.
Wyandottes have a heavy body, which makes them a great dual-purpose choice, and small rose comb, which makes them perfect for cold climates because they are not prone to frostbite. The hens are hardy, energetic, and faithful layers and are recommended as one of the best breeds for beginners.
- Wyandotte Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Wyandotte Chicken
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.