Very Good (4/wk)
Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Golden Laced Wyandotte
|Other Breeds Available
Golden Laced Wyandottes are beautiful and productive birds for the home flock. They are a favorite amongst backyard flock owners for their dependable egg laying, easygoing nature and cold-hardiness. Each feather is golden edged in beetle black. The hens look as if they're starlets dressed in sequined gowns, ready for the red carpet and paparrazzi! The roosters have the same laced feathers, but with hackles and capes of glimmering gold, and the same proud stance.
Wyandottes have a heavy body, which makes them a great dual purpose choice, and small rose comb, which makes them perfect for cold climates because they are not prone to frostbite. The hens are hardy, energetic, and faithful layers and are recommended as one of the best breeds for beginners.
- Wyandotte Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Wyandotte Chicken
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.