Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Rare Marans Assortment
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
Purchase 3 or more chicks from this assortment, and you're guaranteed a mix of at least 3 different varieties.
This assortment of Marans is extremely rare and may include any of the following breeds:
Black Copper Marans (chocolate eggers)
White Marans (medium brown eggs)
Golden Cuckoo Marans (medium to dark brown eggs)
Blue Splash Marans (medium brown eggs with dark speckles)
Blue Copper Marans (medium to dark chocolate brown eggs)
Marans--"Marans" is always with an "s" even when singular--are lightly feathered down the leg, and are good layers of beautiful, brown to chocolate-brown colored eggs. Splash Marans tend to lay lighter eggs than the others, while Black Coppers lay the darkest. They are all typically docile, friendly birds, and can tend toward fatness as they get older. Remember that shell color fades as the laying season progresses, as with all breeds, and will darken again after a break in laying (such as after a molt).
- You will receive one baby chick from this assortment for each quantity you add to your basket.
- The breeds chosen to fulfill your order are selected by the hatchery based on which breeds had a particularly good hatch week your shipment is scheduled.
- We can't take requests, as we are at the mercy of Mother Nature's whims. If you really want that particular breed, you'll need to wait for its availability to pop up.
- Also, remember that breeds in assortments may or may not be tagged, and specific breeds may or may not be noted on the packing list. If you need help with identification, please check out our Baby Chick Identification photos.
Before you make your decision to purchase a hatchery choice assortment, you may want to read some frequently asked questions about the assortments:
- Can I get a "sold out" breed in an assortment?
- Can I choose what breeds I get?
- How will I know which breeds I received?
- The minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12 due to Rhode Island state law.