Very Good (4/wk)
Tolerates Heat Well
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: White Plymouth Rock
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
White Plymouth Rocks or "White Rocks", as they're called, are a popular dual-purpose breed. Their heritage is unclear with reports of different crosses, but what is clear is that they're very friendly, great layers of large brown eggs and able to withstand cold weather quite nicely. Though they tolerate confinement, they're most happy when they get to range freely.
Related Baby Chick Articles:
- Plymouth Rock Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Plymouth Rock Chicken
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine:
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.