Cream, White, Tinted
Tolerates Heat Well
Not Cold Hardy
Baby Chicks: White Silkie Bantam
|Other Breeds Available
Silkies are the lap dog of the chicken world, complete with hair-like plumage and an incredibly sweet temperament. They make the perfect outdoor pet for kids and families.
They were originally bred in China, where they are still kept (and eaten) today. They have black skin, bones, and 5 toes instead of the normal 4. In addition, Silkie hens make wonderful mothers and are even known to adopt baby ducks if given a chance! You will get a mix of bearded and non-bearded varieties with your Silkie order.
And according to a recent poll we conducted, Silkies are a favorite choice as a pet for children! When stacked up against super popular breeds like Orpingtons, Cochins, Brahmas, and Easter Eggers, they were a top choice.
Related Baby Chick Articles:
- Silkie Chicken: The Ultimate Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Silkie
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.