Hatching-Eggs: Coturnix Quail, Hen Haven Location
|Other Breeds Available
Introducing Cortunix Quail Hatching Eggs for sale!
Are you ready to embark on the world of quail farming? Look no further than our new Cortunix Quail Hatching Eggs! We present you with the perfect opportunity to start your very own quail flock and experience the joy of raising these fascinating birds.
Cortunix quails are known for their small size, low maintenance requirements, and rapid maturity. They are excellent egg layers and can be kept as charming backyard pets.
Our Cortunix Quail Hatching Eggs are carefully selected from a healthy, robust, and genetically diverse parent stock. These eggs come from a mixed flock that may hatch chicks from any of the following colors:
- White Tuxedo
- Pharaoh (wild-type)
Cortunix Quail Care Tips:
- Cortunix Quail are hardy! Like chickens, once grown, quail will not need a heat source in most situations, but will need a shelter that protects them from the elements.
- Quail housing should be raised off of the ground.
- They can be raised on a wire floor in "rabbit-style" cages.
- Quail can be housed near chickens, including placing their cage inside a coop
- Baby Quail need special watering accommodations since they can easily drown in chicken waterers. We suggest adding pebbles to their waterer or a use a nipple-style waterer
- Quail can move into the coop in just 4 weeks.
Cortunix Feeding Tips:
- After your Quail is 4-5 weeks old, we recommend offering a 19-25% protein feed for game birds grower feed in a regular crumble size.
Additional Cortunix Quail Information:
- Cortunix Quail hens will begin to lay in 6-8 weeks. Shop Quail Egg Cartons.
- Males Cortunix Quail will "crow" but it does not have the same volume/resonance as roosters.
Hatching Egg Order minimum:
- There is a minimum purchase of 6 Quail eggs for each order.
- We can ship Quail eggs and Chicken eggs together when both are ordered from the Hen Haven Location. Please keep in mind, there is a minimum of 6 Quail eggs AND 6 Chicken Hatching eggs that must be ordered.
We have three farm locations that we ship from. There is a six-chicken egg minimum from each farm that you choose to order from.
Current shipping rates are as follows:
6-23 eggs: $19.99
24 + eggs: Free
- Eggs are always shipped via USPS Priority Mail
- We ship our hatching eggs Monday through Saturday, depending on when the hens lay. Our website gives a ship week date, which is the Thursday of that week. The date shown is Thursday, so orders can still be placed any day of that week.
- Unfortunately, due to the importing regulations in those states, we cannot ship fertile hatching eggs to Hawaii, Minnesota, and US Territories.
You may cancel your hatching egg order at least 10 days before your listed ship date.
Will my eggs arrive intact?
My Pet Chicken absolutely guarantees that the fertile hatching eggs you order from us will arrive intact and ready for incubation. If any eggs for which you have paid arrive cracked or broken, we will refund or reship them in the case of 50% or more of the eggs being damaged. Please contact us within 48 hours of receiving the damaged eggs to report the issue and provide photos of the damage.
New! Hatch Rate Guarantee
We want every quail keeper to experience the joys of hatching eggs, but realize that the uncertainty can be a challenge. My Pet Chicken is excited to offer an innovative and unmatched Hatch Rate Guarantee, giving you the confidence to hatch eggs at home! Orders of 12 eggs or less experiencing a 25% or lower hatch rate, qualify for a full complimentary reshipment. To receive your reshipment, contact us within 6 weeks of the ship date. We'll ask a few questions and offer some helpful advice, and place a reshipment order for the next available date of your selected breeds.
Orders greater than 12 eggs with a hatch rate of 8% or less qualify for 50% off a replacement order.
Can I choose which day my eggs will arrive?
When you place your order, you can choose your preferred week of shipment. Your order may ship anytime that week, Monday through Saturday, depending on the hens' cooperation. Should there be an issue with your order, we will attempt to contact you.
Some of our flocks are kept at different facilities, so if you order multiple breeds or assortments, your eggs may not all arrive at once. We will do our best to coordinate, but we cannot guarantee they will all arrive on the same day. If you are uncomfortable with staggered hatches, you may want to place your orders separately or contact us for further instructions. We are happy to help!
Will the post office deliver the eggs to my door?
Shipping labels on our hatching egg boxes indicate that the post office should "CALL ON ARRIVAL." This reduces the handling and extremes of temperature the eggs experience en route to you and can ultimately increase the viability of your eggs. However, this information is often not seen by the carrier, and eggs are delivered to the physical shipping address on the label anyway.
If it is imperative to you that the eggs not be delivered directly to your shipping address, you can change the ship-to address on your order to the address of your post office of choice, attn: 'your name.' If you choose to do this, make sure to include a valid phone number so the post office can reach you when the box arrives.