Pullet: Blue/Black/Splash Orpington, Shipping Week of 10/30/2023
All Orpington chickens are gentle, sweet, hardy birds, and good layers too. This Blue/Black/Splash Orpington has beautiful, slate blue plumage and is quite rare. Our quantities are very limited, so we recommend you reserve yours quickly!
Due to the genetics of the blue plumage color, these BBS Orpingtons will hatch out with plumages of Blue, Black, or Splash (a white or pale color with "splashes" of darker grey or black feathers as seen in the photo). When breeding blue to blue, you end up with a mix of 50% blue, 25% black and 25% splash.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii, and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Tuesday or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.