Pullet: Buff Orpington, Shipping Week of 10/30/2023
Orpington chickens are big, friendly dual-purpose birds originally developed in the UK. Orpingtons are the only way to go for many small farms and homesteaders!
They're cold-hardy due to their fluffy plumage. Wonderful mothers, they do go broody. Nothing is more charming than seeing a mother Orpington and her fluffy new baby chicks peeking from beneath her wings in a clover field on a sunny day. Plus, they're gentle and friendly, besides being good layers.
The Buff Orpington is the most popular of all varieties of Orpington--a pretty, bright, pale "buffed" copper color that is striking as eye candy on a green lawn.
The Orpington chicken breed was among the Top 10 Chicken Breeds Picked by My Pet Chicken Staff.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.