Very Good (4/wk)
Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Silver Laced Wyandotte, Shipping Week of 09/05/2023
Silver Laced Wyandottes are the original Wyandotte variety and an excellent example of American breeding. They are beautiful and productive. Wyandottes are a favorite amongst backyard flock owners for their dependable egg-laying, easy-going nature, and cold hardiness. Each feather is silvery white edged in beetle black, similar to Silver Sebrights. The hens look as if they're ladies dressed for a fancy ball!
Wyandottes have a heavy body, which makes them a great dual purpose choice, and small rose comb, which makes them perfect for cold climates because they are not prone to frostbite. The hens are hardy, energetic, and faithful layers.
The Wyandotte chicken breed was among the Top 10 Chicken Breeds Picked by My Pet Chicken Staff.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii, and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.