Tolerates Heat Well
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Green Queen Easter Egger
|Other Breeds Available
Easter Eggers are loved for their sweet personalities, hardiness in both the heat and cold, and for their large eggs in all different shades of green and blue (a small percentage even lay a light pinkish brown color!). This is why they've topped the best-seller list every single year since we started selling chicks in 2007.
We love EEs for the backyard flock because they don't tend to be aggressive with one another like some breeds can be (Rhode Island Reds, we're looking at you!). They're super friendly, active foragers, and cold hardy. In their second year and beyond, Easter Eggers are known to lay extra large eggs. They rarely can go broody, but are not excessively so. Easter Eggers are usually bearded and tend to have slate or willow (blue or green) legs. They are friendly, and favorites of children, who love their easygoing personalities and to gather colored eggs.
*Please note that while this breed chiefly lays sage green to aqua-tinted eggs, a small percentage will lay another color, including tinted, brown or even pinkish. Each hen will give ONE egg color. The egg color will not change from one egg being laid to another. For example, if your hen has just laid a green egg, it will lay a green egg its entire life.
Related Baby Chick Articles:
- Easter Egger Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Easter Egger
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.