Baby Chicks: Brown Egg Layer Assortment
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
Do you want a nice mix of productive, large fowl brown egg layers--but you want them ASAP? Can't decide which breeds you want? Or is it that you just happen to love surprises?
Whichever your reason, this non-bantam assortment is a wonderful solution.
You will receive one baby chick from this assortment for each quantity you add to your cart. Although this assortment may include any of our standard-size brown egg layers, most likely, they will be breeds from the following list:
- Rhode Island Red
- New Hampshire Red
- Golden Buff
- Speckled Sussex
- Buff Orpington
- Light Brahma
- Dark Brahma
- Barred Plymouth Rock
- White Plymouth Rock
- Partridge Plymouth Rock
- Golden Laced Wyandotte
- Columbian Wyandotte
- Black Jersey Giant
- Silver Laced Wyandotte
- You will receive one baby chick from this assortment for each quantity you add to your basket.
- The breeds chosen to fulfill your order are selected by the hatchery based on which breeds had a particularly good hatch week your shipment is scheduled.
- We can't take requests, as we are at the mercy of Mother Nature's whims. If you really want that particular breed, you'll need to wait for its availability to pop up.
- Also, remember that breeds in assortments may or may not be tagged, and specific breeds may or may not be noted on the packing list. If you need help with identification, please check out our Baby Chick Identification photos.
Before you make your decision to purchase a hatchery choice assortment, you may want to read some frequently asked questions about the assortments:
- Can I get a "sold out" breed in an assortment?
- Can I choose what breeds I get?
- How will I know which breeds I received?
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- The minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12 due to Rhode Island state law.